Advancement for Dementia Care Centre Showcase
Monday, November 13, 2023
1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Dementia is a pressing global health challenge, and our mission is to bring together experts, researchers, practitioners, and advocates to explore innovative solutions and advancements in dementia care. Our showcase is a platform for sharing knowledge, discussing breakthroughs, and connecting with those dedicated to improving the lives of individuals living with dementia.
What to Expect:
- Engaging Discussions: Our distinguished speakers and panellists will share their expertise, research, and experiences in the field of dementia care, covering a wide range of topics.
- Keynote Address: Join us for a thought-provoking keynote address by Dr. Joshua Armstrong, a renowned authority in the field of dementia research.
- Breakout Sessions: Dive deep into important issues related to dementia care through our breakout sessions. Learn about clinical trials, explore technology-enabled solutions, and engage in discussions about challenges and opportunities in dementia care.
- Panel Discussion: Connect with experts and advocates from various domains, including lived experiences, healthcare providers, tech developers, policymakers, educational product creators, and proponents of dementia villages.
- Networking: Interact with fellow attendees, speakers, and panellists. Share your experiences and ideas, ask questions, and build valuable connections.
This event is open to healthcare professionals, researchers, caregivers, patients, policymakers, innovators, and anyone interested in improving the lives of those affected by dementia. Join us on this journey to advance dementia care and make a positive impact on the lives of individuals and families facing this challenge.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of an event dedicated to advancing innovations in dementia care. Register today and mark your calendar for November 13, 2023.
To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Event: Inaugural Showcase
The ADCC’s held its launch ceremony on November 9, 2022 with an in-person event that was also accessible virtually.
The showcase brought together a range of dementia-related research experts and health-care industry members from across the country to discuss next steps in innovation, partnership, community support and workforce capacity-building, focusing on such areas as:
- Gamification applications and virtual-reality reminiscence therapy to promote the connectedness of persons with dementia.
- A clinical demonstration unit to use peripheral physiological markers and artificial intelligence (conversational robots) for early detection of symptoms of dementia.
- Knowledge mobilization to support the workforce of the future, including the advent of micro-credentials.
Advancement for Dementia Care Centre
Reminiscence Therapy to Support Dementia Care
Importance of Microcredentialing in the Workforce
Using peripheral physiological markers for early detection of agitation in dementia
Dr. Amer M. Burhan and Khalid Elgazzar
Education needs and gaps in dementia care
Advancement for Dementia Care Centre (ADCC)
Amer M. Burhan and Dr. Winnie Sun